At Zona Decorative Concrete, we understand the importance in taking care of your concrete. In order to keep your beautiful decorative concrete floor not only looking its best but also maintaining its prestige condition, check out these tips:
- Avoid floor designs with sawcut patterns, since the narrow cuts in the surface can trap dirt.
- Unless the floor is polished, always keep it protected with a good floor sealer. This top layer of protection not only prolongs the life of your floor, it can also enhance its appearance.
- For further protection against stains, dirt and abrasion, apply a good commercial-grade floor wax designed for concrete floors. This sacrificial finish will help to preserve the sealer and is easy to reapply if it begins to wear.
- In areas of heavy traffic, such as entrances and foyers, reduce maintenance and wear and tear by using floor mats, both inside and outside of the entryways.
- Concrete floors are a good choice for pet owners because they won’t trap pet dander and allow easy cleanup of muddy paws and pet accidents. Just give the floor a few swipes with a broom, towel or mop, and the mess is history.
- Follow the maintenance schedule recommended by your concrete contractor to keep your floor looking its best.
- Only use cleaning solutions recommended by your contractor or the manufacturer of the floor sealer or finishing wax. Avoid harsh cleaning products.
To learn more best practices about cleaning & maintaining your concrete floor, click this link here.
Zona Decorative Concrete always provides the most seamless and efficient way to handle your concrete needs. Fill out a form below or give us a call today to find out what we can do for YOU!