- I’m interested in adding a concrete driveway and pool deck. I’m not sure how to choose a concrete contractor.
- We recommend checking the registrar of contractors for licenses and the Better Business Bureau for reviews. Zona Concrete is a reputable concrete company in town with over 25 years’ experience!
- What does a concrete contractor do?
- A concrete contractor provides quality concrete placement while walking the client through the whole process from start to finish.
- What are the different concrete finishes & textures? Do you recommend certain ones per job?
- Yes, there are a variety of concrete finishes! Some include smooth hard trowel, sweat finish, sand finish, exposed aggregate & stamped concrete. We recommend exposed aggregate for driveways to avoid seeing tire marks. For patios, sand and sweat finish look really nice and for foundations we recommend smooth hard trowel.
- What are the pros for having a concrete driveway versus an asphalt one?
- Concrete driveways never need to be recoated. Asphalt driveways need to be recoated every two years.
- My concrete driveway has some cracks in it and I’m not sure what to do?
- While concrete driveways cannot be resurfaced the cracks can be repaired. Your driveway will look as good as new!
- Are there other colors than concrete gray?
- Yes, we are able to add your color of choice to the concrete mix. There are also various finishes, including: sand, exposed, sweat and salt.
- What is the standard process for a concrete driveway?
- There is demolition, forming, compacting dirt and pouring the concrete. It takes about 24 hours for it to dry.
To learn more, check out our page: https://zonacrete.com/portfolio/tucson-concrete-driveways/
- What does the process look like for a foundation?
- Dirt is imported, formed, graded, rebar is placed and finally the concrete is poured.
- How long does it take for the concrete to cure so that we can continue the rest of the building process?
- It takes about 4-6 weeks for the concrete to dry. After that, it is ready to go!
- Why choose a concrete foundation?
- It is very easy to clean and maintain! You can add an integral color of choice and have exposed concrete floors throughout your house.
- What is the difference between concrete foundations and slabs?
- Foundations are the main living space by square footage of house. Slabs are considered outdoor living spaces such as patios.
To learn more, check out our page: https://zonacrete.com/portfolio/tucson-concrete-foundations/